Licensing for Non-Profit multiple but same sites

14 years 4 months ago #119072 by colinstewart
Hi

I look after the sites for a non-profit organisation.
They are not a charity but they are all support sites. The subscriptions are purely to cover costs and protect members.

There are several domains under the same banner but all are almost identical. (There are a couple still in Joomla 1.0 but being updated to 1.5 in the next couple of weeks).

For example, there is/will be:-
gaydads.co.uk
gaydads.eu
gaydads.us
gaydads.asia
gaymums.org.uk

There is/will also be sub-domains such as:-
wives.of.gaydads.co.uk
husbands.of.gaymums.org.uk
children.of.gay.....

Each has a different membership but the sites are all the same. All will be running the same version of Joomla and Community Builder and other add-ons.

Plus development/test sites.
Each site will not have large members. The main site that is up and running has only a couple of hundred members. The others have only a handful at the moment (less than 50).

However, with your current pricing policy, needing a minimum of 8 licences, the cost quoted on your site too expensive.

Is there any other pricing options?
A licence that covers all domains but is renewable yearly would be more affordable.

Thanks
Colin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #119092 by krileon
The pricing we offer is rather set in stone; from general public opinion this is the pricing model we fell into. Regardless of domain consider it a per installation basis.

If you have 2 entirely separate sites then this will require 2 licenses but if you have 1 site, but 4 domains (3 being aliases) then this will require 1 license.

If the following domains all point to the same installation then this will require only 1 license:
.co.uk
.eu
.us
.asia
.org.uk

However, once you add a sub domain and it's a separate installation such as wives.of. then this will require an additional license. From what I can gather you'll need approx. 4 licenses.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn