[SOLVED] Sell Joomla websites packages?

14 years 4 months ago #119432 by sextondublin
[SOLVED] Sell Joomla websites packages? was created by sextondublin
Hi guys

I want to sell Joomla websites, I'm going to explain what I need, so you can tell me if CBSubs can be somehow used :)

- on my website I want to offer 3 packages (basic / advanced / ecommerce website)
- packages prices are based on a a monthly fee
- user can choose one of these packages and pay for it by credit card straight away for first month
- while processing the payment user can also choose a template from a gallery
- I receive the purchase order with chosen template and the payment through PayPal
- before the end of each month my client receives a reminder of renewal for following month
- he can go to user area on my website and make the payment again for following month
- if he doesn't pay when the month expires, I get a warning, so I can make a courtesy call and remind him to pay

Can this be done?
If yes, how?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/12/18 15:51

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #119435 by krileon
Possibly, CBSubs doesn't handle distributions of products. So what you'll need to do is use CBSubs in the same manner we do for our downloads; you need a subscription to download from XYZ category.

Another method I suppose is to use the CBSubs Email integration plugin and send an attachment to the user upon subscribing.

You'll need the CBSubs Email integration plugin to send your self an email upon user plan expiration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #119519 by sextondublin
Replied by sextondublin on topic Re:Sell Joomla websites packages - can this be done?
Actually I won't be selling a product, but a service, in fact there will be nothing to be downloaded nor attached.

The user will choose a service package (which I suppose could be considered as a monthly subscription) and pay for the first month straight away by credit card, then when I receive the payment I'll contact him to discuss the details of the project.

Once the project is completed, the user will have to pay the monthly fee, and that's where I'd like for him to receive a reminder of renewal, and for me to receive a warning in case the payment doesn't happen.

Is this still possible?

14 years 4 months ago #119529 by krileon
I believe it very well might be. You'll need two plans. 1 merchandise OR single payment subscription (recommended) then a second plan that is recurring for XYZ/month.

You'll need to check the workflows tab of the second plan and hide it from being upgrade/registration visible, but instead only show via URL.

Once you've done all your previous steps you'll need to email them the URL to the plan so they can begin paying monthly.

You can also use the CBSubs email integration plugin to send emails to your self based on the users subscription status; for instance send an email when they subscribe to the monthly plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #119536 by sextondublin
Replied by sextondublin on topic Re:Sell Joomla websites packages - can this be done?
That sounds very good, thanks for your help Kyle :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn