Need to see if CBSubs will work for this

14 years 4 months ago #120568 by powerpro
It looks like it might but I need to be certain...so I'm going to lay out a really specific scenario here.

1. I need to set up a site where people can subscribe at a set price (although there might be a need for different prices for different subscription levels or allow for discounts and specials).

2. Once they sign up, they'd be able to see certain multimedia content...videos actually...but nothing beyond that first layer.

3. The user would then see those videos...practice the skills in them and then upload videos to their profile showing they've mastered those skills. If they have, then they'd be advanced to another level and be allowed to see the video training for that new section. They'd also have that indicated on their profile...that they'd won that first level and that they now belong to this next set.

4. The system would need to be able to track that they are paying their monthly fee in order to stay qualified for the courses they're taking.

5. A newsletter would be integrated as well, to let members know who's advancing and to encourage them to keep working on their projects so they too can advance.

///

So would CBSubs be appropriate at least in part for the above scenario?

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #120604 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Need to see if CBSubs will work for this
  1. Very doable, this is what CBSubs was designed to; handle subscriptions.
  2. Yes, CBSubs can restrict various content from by Component, Module, or using URL Parts, and more.
  3. I'm not too sure about this; you could give the user a URL to a plan they can't see (set on Workflows tab to not show upgrades for plan) then manually give them the URL to the plan once they complete the class.
  4. CBSubs has complete tracking of usings subscription; from expiration, to renewal, and more.
  5. CBSubs doesn't come with a newsletter integration, but you can as many users have done use CBSubs SQL Actions to perform a query and add a user to a newsletter 3rd party extension such as Acajoom.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn