Community Builder - Virtuemart plugin

14 years 3 months ago #122308 by mitalipatel
Community Builder - Virtuemart plugin was created by mitalipatel
Hello All,

Your CB component is really great. I am planning to buy CBSubs. But, before buying I wanted to know some information regarding the CBSubs and Virtuemart plugin.I would really appreciate if someone could provide me the information.

I have Virtuemart 1.1.4 and CB 1.2.1.
On my website, the user registers using the CB where the user provides all the Billing/Shipping information for the virtuemart. The problem I am currently facing is that during the checkout in virtuemart, the registered user is presented with the "Billing Information Form" to be filled in and moreover, it says that "You are not a registered user". I do not want this. I want to tie in the CB and virtuemart so that during the checkout process the user does not have to register again.
I would really appreciate if someone could throw some light on this. I have already read the forums, but still not clear. Please reply whether CBSubs ties in with virtuemart or not so that the user does not have to re-register.

Moreover I read the requirements for cbsubs. I have
PHP Version 5.2.11. WIll this create any problem?

Thank you for your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #122310 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Community Builder - Virtuemart plugin
CBSubs VirtueMart integration creates the user in VirtueMart so the user does not have to go through VirtueMart registration process. Please keep in mind it does NOT transfer data such as address to VirtueMart, a user will be asked for this information upon attempting to checkout. It is possible to use CBSubs SQL Actions integration to perform a query and insert this information based on subscription though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #122318 by mitalipatel
Replied by mitalipatel on topic Re:Community Builder - Virtuemart plugin
Hi krileon,

I really appreciate your quick response.

I am sorry,
But, I am still not clear on the part" a user will be asked for this information upon attempting to checkout. It is possible to use CBSubs SQL Actions integration to perform a query and insert this information based on subscription though".

Can you please provide some more details on this?

I just want this: When the user clicks the checkout button in virtuemart, I do not want the user to fill in the "billing Information" as the user had already filled it during the CB registration process, meaning I want to tie in the CB files and the virtuemart fields.

Your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

14 years 3 months ago #122326 by krileon

I just want this: When the user clicks the checkout button in virtuemart, I do not want the user to fill in the "billing Information" as the user had already filled it during the CB registration process, meaning I want to tie in the CB files and the virtuemart fields.

CBSubs VirtueMart does not synchronize that information. The user would be required to provide the billing information.

The VirtueMart integration simply creates the user if they do not exist for the sake of the integration to work; it's not a synchronization plugin, but allows you to change a users VirtueMart Shopper/User Group based on subscription.

You can synchronize the fields to VirtueMart using CBSubs SQL Actions integration, which allows you to perform queries based on subscription status. You would need to build a query to update this data within the said integration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #122345 by mitalipatel
Replied by mitalipatel on topic Re:Community Builder - Virtuemart plugin
Hi krileon,

I just found that you have your personal website "allmysocials" and that the CB-Virtuemart plugin has been just released called AMS Virtuemart.

May you please tell me if this could solve my issue. I think it synchronizes the CB users and the VM users.

Please this is my last question. If this is going to work, I am going to buy AMS Virtuemart.

I wanted to know some information about the CB-Beta: AMS Virtuemart 3.1 being released on January 15th 2010.

I need to knowif the new version for AMS Virtuem solves the issue with the country and the state field not being syncronized in the older version of AMS Virtuemart.

Moreover, is there any guarantee for getting the money back if this plugin does not work. Sorry, but wanted to know this.

I have:
CB 1.2.1
Virtuemart 1.1.4
Meeting all requirements for this plugin, but wanted to know if the requirement as you mentioned for the AMS Virtuemart version 3.0 still applies to AMs-Virtuemart 3.1 "Please keep in mind AMS Virtuemart 3.0 uses the PHP function create_function; this function is required to be ENABLED on your host for the plugin to operate (function is generally enabled on most hosts)"

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks again krileon,
Mitali

Post edited by: mitalipatel, at: 2010/01/21 00:52

14 years 3 months ago #122378 by krileon
Questions of my personal work on my personal site need to be asked on my personal site, sorry.

Using CBSubs SQL Actions or CBSubs URL you can execute queries or a code file to perform queries (and more if you prefer) to perform the transfer of data from CB to VM, but please keep in mind they will only fire on subscription activation, etc... However if you set users to a Free Lifetime plan and enable subscriptions for free lifetime then place the query on it you will then synchronize every user.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/21 14:19

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn