CBsubs in JMS component for multisite?

13 years 1 month ago #157514 by sivaraman
CBsubs in JMS component for multisite? was created by sivaraman
How to configure CBsubs in JMS component for multi site.

The logic behind JMS is,
1. There will be one parent site.
2. From parent site, we can able to create many child site.
3. There will be single set of joomla file for parent and child sites with single database, but all tables will be duplicated with specific prefix for each child site.

Now my requirement is,

How can I configure CBSubs in parent and all child sites? As CB Subs has its own plugin installation interface, I cant able to install/configure this like other components?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157572 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBsubs in JMS component for multisite?
CBSubs can only protect and act on the site it is installed on. Believe what you're wanting can't be done without installing CBSubs on all parent/child sites, which of course would require multiple license (if you have 5 sites, that's be 5 licenses). Then of course each site would need to be individual purchases as IPN is tied to a specific domain, can't have a single IPN from PayPal for example go to all your sites (that'd be a massive security vulnerability). Have no idea how you have multiple sites setup to a single database, but best to simply trial and error (CBSubs comes with a 30 day money back guarantee).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157576 by nant
There will also most likely be a licensing issue as you are really trying to deploy CBSubs on multiple websites.

9 years 3 months ago #257444 by wipthawat.dev
Replied by wipthawat.dev on topic CBsubs in JMS component for multisite?
Hi nant,
May I repeat the topic again? Dose your answer still valid?
I have same requirement to use CBsubs for multi-site but it is not fair,if I have to purchase CBsubs for all sites.
Can you provide any support to minise licensing??

9 years 3 months ago #257463 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CBsubs in JMS component for multisite?

wipthawat.dev wrote: Hi nant,
May I repeat the topic again? Dose your answer still valid?
I have same requirement to use CBsubs for multi-site but it is not fair,if I have to purchase CBsubs for all sites.
Can you provide any support to minise licensing??

My answer (given on the three year old thread) was related to CBSubs.
Since then CBSubs is a GPL product and as such you can install it on as many websites as you wish without extra cost.

9 years 3 months ago #257469 by wipthawat.dev
Replied by wipthawat.dev on topic CBsubs in JMS component for multisite?
Hi nant,
Your answer make me very happy. Groupjive is GPL production, that mean I can install for multi site,cann't it?
My business website require Partial User Sharing of JMS, it may request you to modify something, Can you support then?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn