What will fullfill our needs / what is possible?

7 years 1 week ago #293319 by Dokter_S
What we need
We are a dutch Non-Profit organisation that educate 'trainers' through, courses, workshops, seminars and events.
Currently we are looking for an integration into our Joomla site that will provide us with functionality to be able to administrate our members and support us in the organisation of classes, presentations/meetings and workshops.
We applaud the ideas of Community Builder. But we are unsure if it will or can fullfill our needs without heavy customization.

What is it about
We have the following requirements:
a. Membership administration
i. RUAD interface. Some functionality may be used by members themselves like keeping their records up to date.
ii. Automatic membership number generation since members need this number to be able to enlist for courses.
iii. Possibility for semantical and syntactical checks on the data introduced in i. and ii. like address data and banknumber validity check.
iv. Consistent and clear error messages during the process of entering data online so members are properly guided while entering data.
v. Report generation and for various reasons (Word, Excel).
vi. Supports normal backend operation like searching, generating emails, newsletters etc.
vii. Audit trail per member so history will always be just one click away.
viii. MA will always be able to overrule data.
ix. Support of the financial functions like in the administration around collecting the membership dues.
x. Support of (Dutch) payment systems like Mollie/IDEAL.

b. Course Administration
i. Creating an event like a course by means of a drop down menu with as much pre-stated information as possible. Think of the available venues, instructors etc.
ii. On-line registration by our members with their membership number.
iii. Feedback to the registrar as to the amount of free seats available.
iv. Automatic warning when an event is fully booked.
v. Automatic signalling function when a change is introduced by the CA like change of date, instructor or venue.
vi. Consistent and clear error messages during the process of entering data online so the CA is properly guided while entering data.
vii. Report generation and for various reasons (Word, Excel).
viii. Supports normal backend operation like searching, generating emails, newsletters etc.
ix. Supports the registering of results and printing and distributing certificates.
x. Audit trail per member so history will always be just one click away.
xi. CA will always be able to overrule data.
xii. Support of the financial functions like in the administration around collecting the membership dues.
xiii. Support of (Dutch) payment systems like Mollie/IDEAL.
xiv. Integrale ondersteuning bij de verwerking van resultaten (in geval van examens).

c. Support
i. RUAD interface for venue data. Location, size(s), prizes, contact information
ii. RUAD interface for requirements per event. Materials do have an owner and a unique identifier.
1. Laptops
2. Beamers
3. Students manuals
4. Instructors manuals
5. Various materials like flipovers, markers, pens.

Can you suggest in what extensions and add-ons to buy that will most suit us and which of the above items are not realistic to expect?

Thanx for your time!!

Best regards,
Peter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 week ago #293335 by krileon
I recommend exploring our demo site below and trying to apply some of your concepts to it then come back with a more refined list of what you're wanting.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

You need to first understand what Joomla and CB it self are even capable of doing at their most basic. For example Joomla and CB of course have user management, unique IDs per user, etc...

CBSubs can handle memberships in many different ways (what gateways are available are also listed on the CBSubs product page). GJ Events can probably handle class registration as you can specific a start date, end date, and amount of "Guests" per event so that may work otherwise you need some sort of extension to handle that as we've nothing else close to that usage.

To be honest it sounds like you need an entirely different CMS than Joomla. Probably Moodle which is designed for learning, teaching, schools, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn