Private Messaging in CB Joomla Version 4

1 year 8 months ago #329975 by david_unwin
Private Messaging in CB Joomla Version 4 was created by david_unwin
We are looking at using CB to replace Easy Profile.
One thing we want to be able to do is let members of our admin team private message our users.
We have installed the community version of CB to test.
I can see we can private message, but it appears you have to know the exact user name of the person you want to message.
Is there an 'Ajax' type facility in the professional version where you can search a list of registered users. ie Search on name 'David' to bring up all the David's or even better search on last name (ie 'Smith).

Kind regards
David Unwin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #329991 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Private Messaging in CB Joomla Version 4
There is not an ajax lookup feature built in unless you're connected with that person and use the connections dropdown (if enabled).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: david_unwin

1 year 8 months ago #329993 by david_unwin
Replied by david_unwin on topic Private Messaging in CB Joomla Version 4
Ok, Thanks...... David

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn