People Directory

11 months 2 weeks ago #333504 by lcabezas
People Directory was created by lcabezas
Is it possible for CB to create like a people directory? Example, search for a particular doctor in an area or city. 
In some people directory I've seen, they can search for name, by city, region, etc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 2 weeks ago #333510 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic People Directory
You'd just use a userlist for that, but we don't provide a radius search functionality so you won't be able to do something like find users in a 30 mile radius of a location. The following are all userlists.

demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/community-builder/user-lists/grid-layout
demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/community-builder/user-lists/table-layout
demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/community-builder/user-lists/member-list

You can check out how search criteria is handled on the below userlist.

demo.cbdemosites.com/community/members

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 2 weeks ago #333514 by lcabezas
Replied by lcabezas on topic People Directory
Thanks for the response.

We don't actually need the radius but instead more of filtering by States or Region, or by City.
Is filtering possible? Having multiple filters that they can tick. Example, California, all members from California will display and by City, County, etc.

11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #333517 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic People Directory
Yes, that's absolutely doable assuming you have such field types. Take a look at the below userlist, click Search Users, and you'll find Country, State, City fields.

demo.cbdemosites.com/community/members

Full backend access is available on our demo site so feel free to check out how those fields are created in CB > Field Management. They are using CB Paid Subscriptions countries and provinces database tables, but you could source that data from anywhere you like. They are using the Query Autocomplete feature provided by CB Query Field, but you could use the new filterable query select functionality if you wanted. See my blog post below about the new filterable query select functionality.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/19012-cb-query-field-6-2-0-and-cb-code-field-2-2-0

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn