CB Projects (Shutup and take my money)

1 month 3 days ago #337600 by SuperHaven
CB Projects (Shutup and take my money) was created by SuperHaven
Hey guys, I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am dealing with something stressful. I am an aspiring video content creator (aka Youtuber) and I know the current roadblock I need to deal with is Project Management. I have been looking for a solution; all of whom are subscription based on number of staff (Staff of 1 but I must buy 3 seats a month.... no)...

Well I started looking for something that can just be a part of my website. I found a promising piece of paid software, but I never got it to work on my site, even after letting their tech people have access to the server side of things. Support just stopped replying and I didn't renew. So I am on the search again. 

I thought to myself just now; Damn, I wish those Joom-pocalypse guys (I can never remember how to pronounce the site, so its either that or "the CB Guys" lol) would make a project management add-on. Like, CB-Subs, CB-Groups, CB-Projects.

I know this isn't an easy go, per say, however I see a lot of the needed functionality already present in other CB-software. SO...

I want to put the idea out-there for a community builder based project management addon; to get feedback from the developers and from other users. So, what does everyone think? 

[Takes an unreasonably deep breath: Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, pretty please?]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 2 days ago #337607 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Projects (Shutup and take my money)
Do you have some examples of what you're wanting? It might be possible to do this with CB GroupJive where each project is just a group. Since you already found such software you're welcome to PM me the link to it and if they've a demo I can take a look and maybe have some suggestions to offer with what we currently provide.

Our plugins tend to be very flexible bordering on the ridiculously flexible side of things so they can often be configured and used in completely unconventional ways. So while a plugin may have a defined purpose we often leave room to use it in many many different ways.

We however won't be taking on any new projects until CB 3.x gets its feet off the grounds. We're completely modernizing CB into a Slim/Symfony application that embeds into Joomla and WordPress. It'll be a gradual roll out though so CB 2.x and 3.x will exist at the same time and use feature flags to turn on CB 3.x new things. The reason new projects are on hold is all our API will be redone in CB 3.x.

I went ahead and moved your topic to pre-sales for better visibility as I'm hoping we can put together something that might work for you with existing plugins.

I thought to myself just now; Damn, I wish those Joom-pocalypse guys (I can never remember how to pronounce the site, so its either that or "the CB Guys" lol)

LOL! I just say it as joom-la-polis, but I'm probably even saying it wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 month 2 days ago #337609 by SuperHaven
Replied by SuperHaven on topic CB Projects (Shutup and take my money)
I'll work on getting something written up for my two use-cases. I'll get it posted asap.

Any idea when CB.3 will be the stable/standard version; Q?Y?

Pronunciations: I can never remember without looking at the site logo; then I feel foolish lol. Just imagine how either way sounds in a deep southern draw accents of the south east united states. Not the most intelligent sounding bunch lol.

1 month 2 days ago #337610 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Projects (Shutup and take my money)

Any idea when CB.3 will be the stable/standard version; Q?Y?

Partially this year. Basically CB 2.x and CB 3.x will exist at the same time on an install. Parts of CB 2.x will then gradually shift in CB 3.x over time as we make releases.

We'll use feature flags to swap things over to rewritten parts of CB 2.x (e.g. feature flag to swap to CB 3.x profiles). So the idea is everyone's sites will continue to work with 100% backwards compatibility so there's no risk of breaks.

The first release of CB 3.x will likely be just some barebones APIs that plugins can start using (e.g. new routing, new templating, etc..). Once we've enough APIs in place we can start making new plugins exclusively for CB 3.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn