[SOLVED] Viewing User Profiles

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #151479 by laptoproadie
[SOLVED] Viewing User Profiles was created by laptoproadie
Hey guys,

For some reason an issue has popped up with a person viewing someone else's profile page. I know there are settings on the backend to prevent users below a certain access level from viewing another's profile, and I double checked those settings, even forced it to be 'Everybody'. But for some reason, when I try to view another's profile page it just redirects me to my own.

Is there any reason you can think of that would cause this? It used to work properly and now it doesn't. The only reason I can think of is permissions, but it appears as though all of those are configured correctly.

Thanks!
Will

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #151626 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Viewing User Profiles
Do you have a plugin installed perhaps that is performing a redirect such as incubator project CB Redirects? Please also check that you have a public and published Joomla menu link for CB (link states mandatory when creating menu links).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #151785 by laptoproadie
Replied by laptoproadie on topic Re: Viewing User Profiles
We got it fixed Krileon. CB Redirect was set up improperly. Could not have done it without you, thanks again!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn