Multiple "profiles" associated with user

13 years 2 months ago #152111 by robborover
Multiple "profiles" associated with user was created by robborover
Hi,

Close to selecting cb as a solution for a large community project but need to understand if I can create a one to many relationship with profiles. User registers and I would like them to have the option to create one than one set of duplicate records associated with the user. Singular contact/base information but I guess I could use filed manager to create a second set and use a second tab (with unique field names of course). Example could be one user has one or more vehicles associate with his details. Same info needed to be collected for each vehicle but with different values entered.

My second pre sale type question is about then being able to create a search function based on the profile fields created but being able to return the values from the multiple duplicate records, think this is where I run into problems.

Thanks in advance

Newbietastic

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #152206 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Multiple "profiles" associated with user

Close to selecting cb as a solution for a large community project but need to understand if I can create a one to many relationship with profiles. User registers and I would like them to have the option to create one than one set of duplicate records associated with the user. Singular contact/base information but I guess I could use filed manager to create a second set and use a second tab (with unique field names of course). Example could be one user has one or more vehicles associate with his details. Same info needed to be collected for each vehicle but with different values entered.

This isn't really supported, you'd simply have to make more fields to accommodate additional entries, but this could cause clutter or confusion having multiple fields of the same usage.

My second pre sale type question is about then being able to create a search function based on the profile fields created but being able to return the values from the multiple duplicate records, think this is where I run into problems.

Your duplicate fields would need to be on a userlist with the original fields. Users could then search by the original fields, the duplicate fields, or both.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robborover

13 years 1 month ago #152630 by robborover
Replied by robborover on topic Re: Multiple "profiles" associated with user
Thanks - can you advise when some of your add on services (installs etc) will include 1.6?

Newbietastic

13 years 1 month ago #152633 by nant

robborover wrote: Thanks - can you advise when some of your add on services (installs etc) will include 1.6?

I guess when CB 1.4 is released which will fully support Joomla 1.6.0 (without need of work-arounds posted on the forums).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn