e-mailing by user group for non-technical users

13 years 2 months ago #153765 by alfredos
Good day,

We have an administrator who is not technically-minded and needs an easy way to send mailings out to several groups of CB users, one group at a time (different mail for each group.)

Wondering what is the best way to accomplish this, bonus if possible in CB1.4/Joomla 1.6.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153785 by krileon

Wondering what is the best way to accomplish this, bonus if possible in CB1.4/Joomla 1.6.

Within User Management you can search and filter the users. Once done filtering/searching simply click Mass Mail. This will allow you to mass mail the users currently being displayed (with filters and searching applied!). This is working in CB 1.3 and 1.4 as well as Joomla 1.5 and 1.6. If needing an actual newsletter extension you might want to review extensions such as AcyMailing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alfredos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn