[#2276] User list menu item in J1.6

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #154947 by Mind Mechanics
[#2276] User list menu item in J1.6 was created by Mind Mechanics
Hi. I was trying to set up a menu link to a list in J1.6/CB1.4

I think I did find one small bug: whichever CB item you choose to create a menu item for, the 'Menu Item Type' always comes up as 'Logout action' - although the actual menu does then work as expected and takes you to the profile, profile edit, etc...

However, I did create a list in CB and the wanted to create a menu item for that. So I chose 'Users list' menu type. I did not find a field in which I can identify my list, as is possible in J1.5.x. I tried to publish and make the list 'default' to see if it would just come up, but I am getting 'There are no published user lists!'...

What am I missing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #154962 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User list menu item in J1.6
Suggest you read the readme text file included in the CB 1.4 distribution package as this issue has been identified and posted.

My lists tests work fine on J160

13 years 1 month ago #155081 by Mind Mechanics
Replied by Mind Mechanics on topic Re: User list menu item in J1.6
You got me :blush: shoulda read the instructions regarding the logout action. However, I am still somewhat stumped as far as the user list is concerned. I had followed the instructions in said text file.

Do you think you could share a screen shot of your menu item edit page and where you choose/enter the list?

Thanks!

13 years 1 month ago #155083 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: User list menu item in J1.6
This is a known issue and discovered bug within Joomla 1.6. Please append the parameters directly to the end of the URL within the menu link to achieve the same results as the parameters. You can follow the forge ticket as follows.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2276

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn