[SOLVED] language at registration

13 years 1 month ago - 12 years 9 months ago #157062 by omaze
[SOLVED] language at registration was created by omaze
Hi,

how can i mangeg the language of my members and make select their language at registration

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157166 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: language at registration
The params field is what provides language selection. You'll need to enable within CB and Joomla the show user parameters configuration. Then ensure the params is on a public and published tab. You'll need to of course have multiple language plugins (CB AND Joomla) installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157225 by omaze
Replied by omaze on topic Re: language at registration
Great..

but how can i hide the following items ?? :
- language administration ?
- Editor of the user ?
- Help website ?

thanks

13 years 1 month ago #157262 by krileon
There's no fullproof way to remove them. You could use CSS, but then it'd cause problems for registered vs administrators as administrators see more fields. Registered users can see Language and Timezone only, admins can see backend language, edit, and help in addition to frontend language and timezone.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #169467 by jansuhr
Replied by jansuhr on topic Re: language at registration
I have a question regarding this.

I don't want the users to be able to edit the "Editor" setting unless they are authors or higher. It seems that the Joomla Global setting for changing the editor is on registered users, not higher.

I think that this can be confusing for some users an there fore don't show it unnecessary. Language and timezone is fine for everyone.

Is there a simple way of changing this or do I have to live with it? :(

Thanks

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden

12 years 9 months ago #169482 by krileon
Params are rendered from Joomlas own API. There's no way to change this unless they've a parameter to disable it. You could try using CSS to hide whichever settings you don't want displayed, but they'd still exist in source.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: jansuhr

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn