[SOLVED] Add CB Fields to pictures

13 years 4 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #158099 by tread77
[SOLVED] Add CB Fields to pictures was created by tread77
I have read all documentation manuals and have a pretty firm grasp of the setup here.

I have a website running Joomla 1.5 and CB1.4 installed. I have no web building background and am getting by on a prayer (literally).

My Question: Can I do the follwoing without having to contract a person to build it?

I want users to be able to put a picture in their gallery and then use some pre-set CB Fields to define that picture and essentially put it into a searchable filterable state.

For example: A user could post a picture of a flower
Then select from a drop down and choose between flower, tree, grass
If they choose flower the next drop down is color
But if they chose tree the next drop down would be height etc...

From these CB fields, I want to create gallery modules that are filtered to show just flowers, or just trees, that I can place on a page and then have a search on the page so users could search all of these user pictures. I also plan to add a rating and comment plugin to the pictures. Basically I want to be able to do to my picture gallery what you have allowed me to do with the user lists.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!!
Tiffany

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #158188 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Add CB Fields to pictures
What you're wanting can only be half done with zero development. For instance displaying a drop-down after another drop-downs value has changed can be done with CB Conditional as it allows conditional display of fields.

However, populating a drop-down with images a user has uploaded is not available and would require an entirely new fieldtype plugin to provide such a field. Unless you used a standard drop-down and updated it with new images each time a user uploaded.

As far as module usage you could use CB Content module to display the fields content using substitutions, but there would be no search feature as that'd require a custom module. The only searching that can be done on image fields is whether it has a value or not, but you can't search off that value. Even then it can only be done on userlists.

Perhaps a full image gallery extension is a better approach? You can find these at Joomla.org, there are many available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago #158218 by tread77
Replied by tread77 on topic Re: Add CB Fields to pictures
I have been searching through 3rd party plugins. It looks like jWallpaper may support 2 cbfields on a picture. I may test that. Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn