[SOLVED] I use the div based view but in Backend uuups

13 years 4 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #158600 by mapache64
I have a lot of fields and decided to use the div based view. With css i made a good looking page in frontend, but in backend i realised, that the view is still table based.
In the plugin.class.php i tried to change to divs but it destroyed the tabs.
So do you have an idea how to solve this?
By the waY: your work is great!!
Thanks.
Mapache

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 weeks ago #158636 by krileon
Backend is always table based, layout only affects frontend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 weeks ago #158650 by mapache64
Oh, of course that's my problem.
Do you have any tips for me, to solve this?
I saw that the "comprofiler.class.php" and the "plugin.class.php" are the significant docs. Also i saw the case-switches for "div", "span", "ul" and so on. So i thought, you probably started to make the possibility to change the backend too.
Anyway, i have to do it, but with a little view where is the right way, it would be easier.
If I solved it, i will post you the changes, it can't be so difficult, or?
greetings from Germany
Mapache

13 years 4 weeks ago #158667 by mapache64
O.K: - i solved it by adding one more class in the table (comprofiler.class.php file) and adding a lot of css.
My day - now i am going to buy an iPad ;-)
Mapache

13 years 4 weeks ago #158704 by krileon
Don't recommend making core edits and forcing a display in backend. Joomla backend it self is heavily table based as well. Is there a reason backend absolutely had to be DIV based? It has no barring on a frontend users experience, only yours. Please note core edits will be lost when you upgrade CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 weeks ago #158811 by mapache64
Thanks for your answer. Of course i know the problems by updating the core. And the backend is about totally with table-constructions. Most time it is o.k. because we have there table-based informations.
The change in the core-file it is only one class more. So I can repeat this hopefully easy be the next update.

It's only because I have a big table with about 250 fields. In frontend I can display as table with css, in Backend it is a very long list, I iwant to display as table. As so its really stupid because I need a table-view and have to solve it with divs.

Good WE
Mapache

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn