Group required with registraton?

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #159512 by YesYesYes2011
Group required with registraton? was created by YesYesYes2011
Hallo

I have installed GroupJive and have a category with 9 groups.

I want it to be required to choose a group on registration.
Is it possible?

Kind regards
Mette

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #159555 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Group required with registraton?

I want it to be required to choose a group on registration.
Is it possible?

Yes, navigate to Field Management and set the gj_autojoin (Auto Join) field to display on registration. You can also configure as necessary to determine what groups/categories display. Once done users can select group(s) to join during registration. Please ensure are using GJ 2.2 as any previous release does not have the auto join field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #159875 by YesYesYes2011
Replied by YesYesYes2011 on topic Re: Group required with registraton?
Thanks for the answer.

Now I have problems :(

When I register and confirm the email I get this:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Order by jmod.ordering asc' at line 1 SQL=select Distinct(jmen .moduleid),title,content from jos_modules jmod inner join jos_modules_menu jmen on jmod .id = jmen .moduleid where published = 1 and (position = 'modulebottom' and module = 'mod_custom') and jmen.menuid = Order by jmod.ordering asc

In CB User management I can't approve and aktivate new members because they haven't join a group (but they have).
The field isn't in CB User Edit at all

When I look in GJ Users the members has join the right group.

I'm confused :ohmy:

In this file you can see some screenshots there will explain for my english isn't good :S

File Attachment:

File Name: GroupJive.zip
File Size:378 KB
Attachments:

12 years 11 months ago #159898 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Group required with registraton?

When I register and confirm the email I get this:

Not coming from CB, please investigate your 3rd party installed extensions.

In CB User management I can't approve and aktivate new members because they haven't join a group (but they have).
The field isn't in CB User Edit at all

Users should be Registered usergroup, but due to your above fatal error there is likely a failure in correctly creating a user.

When I look in GJ Users the members has join the right group.

GJ has nothing to do with ACL, it's groups as in groups on Facebook for example. They're for social communication and of the such.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #160314 by YesYesYes2011
Hey again

I have still some problems with GJ......

I have (as I wanted) group required with registration, but in the backend, when I will approve the new member I get a message there said that the member isn't in a group and the groupfield dosn't shows in the CB user edit so I can't approve :-(

12 years 11 months ago #160394 by YesYesYes2011
yet another version of GJ.........

I have now installed GJ 23 and the new plugin "....auto" give me this:

when I want to pulish it.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn