GroupJive 2.3RC username display issues

13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #161682 by Avasa
Hi - I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the Group Jive extension section outside of Pro-Support, but starting here, and maybe will cross post after for the benefit of the community.

I had observed the following in previous versions of groupjive, but the problems are persisting in 2.3RC so I'm wondering if something is wonky with my installation.

1. In the back end, the owner column is blank in both the Categories and Groups table views, and the user ID has been entered for all of them, and is a valid ID in the joomla user db. I'm using GroupJive as a client interface for website development/maintenance and it would really benefit me to see owners (project managers) next to groups (jobs).

2. In the front end, when Group owners make user invites, and pending invites are listed in the invite tab, usernames are not displayed. This makes it so that Group owners don't know who invites are out to, and who still needs adding; also doesn't reassure them that their invites have been correctly sent.

3. This might be related to (2) but as admin, I get these site mails from owners with subject "..." and nothing in the message body. I think that it happens when Group Owners invite users, and should probably be telling me that Group Owner X has invited User Y to their group?

It seems that somehow the MYSQL query that should be returning a username against a stored user_ID isn't working.

I recognize these issues as non-critical to the functioning of this wonderful app, but I would really like to sort this out, and would very much appreciate some guidance when time allows.

Thanks!

~AVASA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #161698 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GroupJive 2.3RC username display issues

1. In the back end, the owner column is blank in both the Categories and Groups table views, and the user ID has been entered for all of them, and is a valid ID in the joomla user db. I'm using GroupJive as a client interface for website development/maintenance and it would really benefit me to see owners (project managers) next to groups (jobs).

2. In the front end, when Group owners make user invites, and pending invites are listed in the invite tab, usernames are not displayed. This makes it so that Group owners don't know who invites are out to, and who still needs adding; also doesn't reassure them that their invites have been correctly sent.

Please run GJ tools from GJ backend. You'll likely then receive an error informing you that formatname field is not visible. This field is absolutely required, if someone can't see this field, then they can't see names. This means if it's unpublished or on an unpublished tab you'll have no name display. GJ uses API to respect configuration and privacy controls instead of direct database usage.

3. This might be related to (2) but as admin, I get these site mails from owners with subject "..." and nothing in the message body. I think that it happens when Group Owners invite users, and should probably be telling me that Group Owner X has invited User Y to their group?

Group owners can receive (if configured) notifications of users joining/leaving. Category owners can receive (if configured) notifications of group create/edit/delete. None would contain no subject or body however. Please check within GJ configuration on the General tab what Notify By method you're using. If PMS it's possible if using UddeIM that it is sending a email notification.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avasa

13 years 1 week ago #161733 by Avasa
Good call. Tools gave me a warning ":: Fields :: formatname not displayed"

The formatname field was published but not set to "Show on profile"; Problems 1 & 2 solved!

As for the ... sitemails, I'll see about upgrading uddleIM to see if it sorts itself out. I get the group create/delete mails perfectly, both on site mail and email. I think that the blank emails see example below and corresponding ... IM's happen when group owners invite other to join.

eg.

Hi Admin,

Chris Smith has sent you the following private message at AVASA. Please log in to reply!

www.avasawebdesign.com

13 years 1 week ago #161744 by nant

Avasa wrote: Hi - I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the Group Jive extension section outside of Pro-Support, but starting here, and maybe will cross post after for the benefit of the community.

Note for all reading - Professional and Advanced members can post any issue about their CB products (GroupJive, CBAddons, CBSubs, Templates, etc) in this support area. That what it is for.

Do not worry about community members - they are able to browse this area and search for solutions - so they will see all responses even if they are not Advanced or Professional members.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn