[SOLVED] age check field

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 1 week ago #161780 by ellare
[SOLVED] age check field was created by ellare
I've created a field that is required at registration where a user has to enter their Date Of Birth.

But what I really need is an age-checker. I do not want people signing up to use the site unless they are 21yrs or older (it's a site about alcoholic beverages).

How would that be implemented?

Thanks
LrG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #161786 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: age check field
You could set the minimum/maximum year for the date field to ensure the user is at least 18, they wouldn't be able to select anything less then that. Aside from that there's no custom validation methods for the date field.

You could try using CB Redirect incubator project and the on before registration trigger, condition the field, if it doesn't match appropriately then redirect back to registration. No idea how well this will work, but if you use the on before it'll stop the user from being created allowing you to have custom validation rules.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162816 by ellare
Replied by ellare on topic Re: age check field
Krileon -

Your plugin worked for me!! I mean, really, any online age checker is going off the honesty of the person entering the information. But this provides a good way for me to redirect the user to the terms and conditions of the site :woohoo:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn