white screens after backup/restore to another mach

13 years 6 days ago #162437 by bruceisaacson
Hello,
I used Akeeba Backup to move my site from a server to a Windows machine running Wampserver, restoring it with Sidekick. When I try to log in to the backend, the Joomla parts work, but most of the CB sections give white screens. Also, the frontend fails, with a mostly white screen, showing only prompted login username and password fields, but without a submit button.
(Joomla user manager works, but CB user manager does not.)

Are there configuration settings that I need to update? The administrator/components/com_comprofiler/ue_config.php file doesn't seem to have a setting for database location/name.

The same system has a sample Joomla site in a separate subdirectory, using the same Wampserver AMP system, that works fine. (The site in question is in the root /wamp/www/ directory.) I verified that all the CB tables were copied in the backup/restore process, using phpMyAdmin.

Thanks in advance.

Joomla 1.5.2.2
CB 1.3.1
CB Subs 1.1.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 days ago #162539 by krileon
We can not account for Akeeba Backup stability for moving a site. You're also on an out of date CB installation, please upgrade to 1.4. Akeeba Backup previously had a critical bug which would result in a failed CB backup, but if using latest release this had sense been resolved. Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting then review the pages which are presenting white screens and review any on-screen errors (not debug info at bottom of page).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #164529 by bruceisaacson
Replied by bruceisaacson on topic Re: white screens after backup/restore to another mach
OK - I found the trouble:
When I set up my local XAMPP server, I neglected to install the Ioncube loader that is needed by CB Subs, as listed in the install docs. Therefore, those parts of the downloaded site that needed Ioncube failed, with a white screen and no error messages.
Now that I set it up correctly, it works fine.

12 years 11 months ago #164532 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn