[SOLVED] Redirect standard Joomla login page to CB FB login

13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 1 week ago #162569 by littlelord
I use the Facebook login of CB, and it works as expected. I observed the following 2 issues which I would like to fix, if possible.

Redirect to mod_cblogin if authenitification is required
I use the plug_cbfbc_1.3 plugin to allow Facebook authenification. All works as expected. But in some situation when the user browse to a direct link where he requires to be authentificated, will he be redirected to the standard joomla login page.

How can I prevent this, or better to redirect him to the login page of com_comprofiler&task=login ? The mod_login is deactivated.

Another more cosmetic point is, that i miss the username or password recovery if I offer the login page of mod_cblogin in the main contents. The options are activated in the module, and they are shown in the left part of the page, but not in the mainpart if it will be selected as page over the menu.

Versions
Joomla: 1.5.23
CB: 1.4

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162580 by krileon
Access restricted pages will always attempt to use Joomlas registration/login systems. First thing to do is disable Joomla login modules and registration processes. Ensure CB registration is configured to be independent from Joomlas. Review your provided documentation for further details.

Once the above is completed you'll need a redirect system plugin. This plugin would send users away from the Joomla login/registration pages to CBs respective pages. These can be found at Joomlas extension directory below.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/authentication

The below has been confirmed by some users as working successfully.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/authentication/1236

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162764 by littlelord
Thank you very much for the quick help. Part I was already in place, and the redirection is now also active. I have to do further tests, but what I can see for the moment does it work as expected.

Regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn