[#2517] mod_cbpblatest_1.2

13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 1 week ago #162583 by mcgeo
[#2517] mod_cbpblatest_1.2 was created by mcgeo
Is there a manual, tutorial, or readme on this great module?

I have it all installed and working on Joomla 1.6.3/cb 1.4.

I am having trouble getting the names to display in the published module. They display for superuser, but disappear for registered. When they display for the superuser, they are correct, and link to the correct profiles.

Also, I would like to display avatars that link to profiles if possible.

I assume this is simply a configuration issue, but can't find any directions for properly configuring the module.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162584 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: mod_cbpblatest_1.2

I am having trouble getting the names to display in the published module. They display for superuser, but disappear for registered. When they display for the superuser, they are correct, and link to the correct profiles.

Please check that the formatname field is on a public and published tab. Tab access determines field access. Substitutions are subject to access/privacy controls.

Also, I would like to display avatars that link to profiles if possible.

The below substitution will provide such display.
[cb:userfield field="avatar" reason="list" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcgeo

13 years 2 weeks ago #162587 by mcgeo
Replied by mcgeo on topic Re: mod_cbpblatest_1.2
Very good! Worked like a charm.

Now how can I resize that avatar?

13 years 2 weeks ago #162641 by krileon

Now how can I resize that avatar?

You can't without using CSS as the list reason displays linked thumbnail, which is the smaller version of the avatar. You'd need something like the below added to the bottom of your Joomla template CSS file to scale down the size.
#mod_cbpblatest_g .cbThumbPict,
#mod_cbpblatest_b .cbThumbPict,
#mod_cbpblatest_w .cbThumbPict,
#mod_cbpblatest_a .cbThumbPict {
 width: 20px;
}

This assumes no suffix class has been applied. It's also designed to apply to all Modes of the module. Simply adjust the width as necessary (not necessary to set height as you'd have distortion).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcgeo

13 years 2 weeks ago #162695 by mcgeo
Replied by mcgeo on topic Re: mod_cbpblatest_1.2
This is great. I was wondering how to style the module.

One more question for you - Is it possible for the avatar and the text to render in separate divs that are nested in a row div?

Like this:

<div>/*row
<div>Avatar</div>
<div>text</div>
</div>/*end row

13 years 2 weeks ago #162702 by krileon
Each row is an li, but the contents of the li can display however you want. Simply add the HTML to the contents of the textarea within the modules parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn