Error

Please login first

[#2517] mod_cbpblatest_1.2

13 years 2 weeks ago #162704 by mcgeo
Replied by mcgeo on topic Re: mod_cbpblatest_1.2
Thank you for your quick response!

Sorry for being such a dunce, but I have never made any changes to the parameters of a module using the text area. I'm fairly conversant with css and html using the sheets, and have some limited experience with php, however I'm not quite sure how to work with the paramater text fields. I'm really more of an administrator than I am a coder.

For example - how and where would I add the html to generate the divs in this code block?
{p[cb:userfield field="avatar" reason="list" /]} added a new guestbook entry to {r[cb:userfield field="formatname" reason="list" /]} - {e[date]}

Also, is there a tutorial somewhere that would help me learn how to work with these text fields?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162705 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: mod_cbpblatest_1.2
It works the same as you'd write HTML in notepad for example. There's numerous tutorials on HTML, please see my personal site within my profile where I've provided various manual and tutorial site links. Example as follows.
<div>
<div>{p[cb:userfield field="avatar" reason="list" /]}</div>
<div>Added a new guestbook entry to {r[cb:userfield field="formatname" reason="list" /]}.</div>
<div>{e[date]}</div>
</div>

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162708 by mcgeo
Replied by mcgeo on topic Re: mod_cbpblatest_1.2
When I save the module after adding the div tags, the tags disappear. The changes do not take :(

I must be doing something wrong?

Thank you for your help, patience and quick response! :)

13 years 1 week ago #162937 by krileon
Tried adding the provided with HTML and appears to save perfectly fine. Please PM backend login credentials and would be glad to take a look. I apologize for the delay, am currently and J&Beyond so am responding when possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 week ago #162990 by krileon
I apologize for the inconvenience, but unfortunately it would seam Joomla 1.6.x does not accept HTML in texarea parameters. It simply cleans it out. Am not seeing from quick review a parameter to prevent this cleaning. It's likely the modules XML will need some fixes to change the type to something other then textarea. I've created a bug ticket to better track this issue and patch will be provided when available. For the time being HTML can not be used.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2517

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn