Looking for a way to list number of members

13 years 2 weeks ago #162613 by rklein
I am looking for a way to show a list of states and by each state it show how many members are in that state. Then by clicking on a respective state it pulls up that list of members. A sample is here but with countries. Click on the "Region" tab on their home page. www.onlineradiostations.com/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162650 by krileon
Sounds like you need a userlist for each region with a filter for that region applied to the list. You'd then need to custom develop a module to display as you've provided the example with their links pointing to the userlists. You could use just plain HTML in a custom HTML module making things significantly easier however if you're willing to forfeit the count next to each region.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162680 by rklein
Thanks! I am throwing out there... maybe to stir up an idea...Is there any advantage to setting them into groups (for example a Texas members group for members in Texas) or somehow categorizing them. Can you guys develop a module for a cost and how much? Seems like a pretty straight module.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162691 by krileon
Groups, what do you mean specifically by this? Usergroups or groups as in GroupJive? We do not take on contract development tasks, please check sites like joomlancers and other contract developer sites. My above reply shows 2 ways to accomplish what you're wanting, 1 requiring absolutely no programming knowledge and just basic HTML in addition to understanding of userlist usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn