13 years 1 week ago #163101 by bruceisaacson
1.4 was created by bruceisaacson
Hi I am on Joomla 1.5_22 I recently upgraded to Cb 1.4. Now I don't seem to be able to add any fields to the User Profile Tabs. I read a couple of posts about a missing table, please advise me on a fix.
Regards Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 week ago #163128 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: 1.4
What do you mean you can't add new fields? When in Field Management and clicking New Field, what happens? Please be more specific.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 week ago #163188 by bruceisaacson
Replied by bruceisaacson on topic Re: 1.4
Hi Krileon,

to be more specific. I cannot add or more accurately,save certain fields within Field Management of CB ,more specifically Editor Text Area fields,but not limited to that particular kind of field.I actually saved a text field just now but when I tried to save another field there was no responsive action or conclusion to the save field button.

www.ourwebsite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=saveField#saveField
it just won't save. I note that when editing a field that allows me to complete the save field process index address has one less "saveField" like so

www.ourwebsite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=#saveField

but even when I remove the extra saveField from the url it doesn't save the field,it then took me to your "Powered by Community builder" default page. Looking at the address more closely I think that address should be

www.ourwebsite.com/administrator/index.php#saveField

I hope this is specific enough my problem is compounded by the fact that the problem seems to change each time that I login and logout.

Thank you Bruce

13 years 1 week ago #163341 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: 1.4
The links are correct, as saving a field is a JS post of the fields form; so its URL on mouseover is irrelevant. Please view your browser error log when attempting to save as if the button is not working there is likely a Fatal JS error. Please also review what was last installed assuming this worked previously perfectly fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds