Stuck on Admin Login Screen Joomla 1.6.3

13 years 1 week ago #163170 by johnlanglois
Stuck on Admin Login Screen Joomla 1.6.3 was created by johnlanglois
I had installed CB1.4 on Joomla 1.6.2.
I worked through the PDF file and everything was working as expected.
I changed the user registration and login to go through CB.

Everything worked until I launched a new instance of the site.
Now, when I try to log in I am stuck at the Admin screen. It recognizes the log in as valid, but returns to the same screen. Attempts to issue links with specific component code such as XXX.net/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=tools&view=tools
result in a trip back to the Admin log in screen.
I upgraded to Joomla 1.6.3, but it did not impact the situation.

Do I need to disable the CB login modules using phpMyAdmin?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 week ago #163340 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Stuck on Admin Login Screen Joomla 1.6.3
CB has nothing to do with backend login. The login module and registration process have no affect on backend functionality. It sounds as if your admin user has been messed up and lost its permissions or some sort of System plugin (CB does not provide one) is resulting in locking you out. Did this happen directly after CB installed? Is there any other extensions installed? Please navigate to your database and if CBSubs installed find within _extensions table the cbpaidsubsbot and disable it to see if resolved. If issue persists please PM phpmyadmin and backend Joomla login credentials.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn