GJ Video Tab - Upload file?

12 years 11 months ago #163405 by jsrunder
GJ Video Tab - Upload file? was created by jsrunder
Hello,

First of all, fantastic work as always by Joomlapolitans! This GJ Plugin/Component system is fantastic.

Curious. The Video tab when viewing a Group. Is there a way to integrate an Upload button in the tab as well as the URL field?

It does make nice economical sense to encourage folks to upload elsewhere and point to those uploads to run on a server like youtube, etc. But, if we don't want to place stuff on the public services, this will be nice.

Thanks again for these products!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #163461 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ Video Tab - Upload file?
There are no plans for the video plugin to support uploads. Uploading a video is actually not as easy as it would seam as much processing must be done to the video to ensure it's of correct quality, format, and to review security vulnerabilities. These are things nearly all users servers, unless media server purchased intentionally, are not capable of doing. In addition to those issues it would bloat the plugin beyond its intention.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn