[SOLVED] Mass approval of members

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163493 by gingerweb
[SOLVED] Mass approval of members was created by gingerweb
Hi.
i understand there is no mass approval button to set my members as approved and confirmed but is there a way of doing this through the database please?
I have setup a new site and imported 1500 members into CB, it will take days to do it one by one.
I have access to phpadmin but if this is possible would appreciate a step by step way to do this please and im not totally familiar with it !
many thanks
Richard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #163497 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Mass approval of members
You can mass approve users from database, sure. However, this will not fire any triggers thus not executing any integrations nor would the user receive their Welcome email. At any rate you can mass approve users from frontend using the moderator module and viewing the pending user approval page from the module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #163500 by gingerweb
Replied by gingerweb on topic Re: Mass approval of members
thanks - im new to CB and dont follow what you mean by "At any rate you can mass approve users from frontend using the moderator module and viewing the pending user approval page from the module"

I dont appear to have a moderator module - can you explain for the really stupid please ?!!

12 years 11 months ago #163504 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Mass approval of members

gingerweb wrote: thanks - im new to CB and dont follow what you mean by "At any rate you can mass approve users from frontend using the moderator module and viewing the pending user approval page from the module"

I dont appear to have a moderator module - can you explain for the really stupid please ?!!

CB package comes with 3 modules - installation guide explains.
You need to install the moderation module.

12 years 11 months ago #163561 by gingerweb
Replied by gingerweb on topic Re: Mass approval of members
I have managed to find the moderator module - CB Workflows - and installed it, i have also been through the manual again trying to find how i mass activate 1500 members with no luck.
All my settings are for automatic activation so when a new user signs up they are activated, is this why my Cb Workflows module always says "No pending actions" despit the fact that are 1500 of them ?
Its frustrating that the manual goes into great details about how to install the module but doesnt appear to tell me how to use it - or have i missed that ?
thanks

12 years 11 months ago #163562 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Mass approval of members
Ah - I believe you should look at CB Juice for this.
It will allow you to mass import CB/Joomla users and I believe it takes care of emails also.

See CB Juice extensions on other forum area on this website.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn