Moving CB to new site

12 years 11 months ago #163740 by rickparks
Moving CB to new site was created by rickparks
I am in the process of moving to a brand new site with an entirely different domain name. I am also from a Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 1.6 environment. I need to transfer my cb database to the new site. I have dozens of custom fields. What is the best way to do this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #163806 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Moving CB to new site
CMS wise for CB nothing has changed. So simply phpmyadmin export and import would work just fine. Do not do this for your users however. You should migrate your users using CB Juice so their user_ids are correctly generated. Basically export everything and import everything then empty the _comprofiler table. Using CB Juice export your users then import your users and you should have a safely migrated CB site. Of course there is no guarantee of this and I do not recommend you moving to Joomla 1.6 as it's basically a "bug nest" so to speak riddled with issues that other developers (including us) as still trying to address.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn