[SOLVED] search function question

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #164044 by ellare
[SOLVED] search function question was created by ellare
when I am viewing all users on my site with this link:http://mybeveragediary.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist&Itemid=105

There is a "search users" link on that page.

is there anyway to move that 'search function' out of the CB portion of the site and put it into a module that lives on all pages of the site?

The Joomla! core search only searches core content and not CB. I have a search function that also searches my moset tree directory.

I'd like a search function that lives outside the CB portion of the site that will search core content AND CB users -- but not sure if that exists.

i'm ok with 2 different search functions as well (one that searches core content and one that searchers CB users) but I'd like the search functions to live OUTSIDE the CB portion of the site.

is this possible?

test user/pw
winetester / winetester

thanks
LrG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #164047 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: search function question

is there anyway to move that 'search function' out of the CB portion of the site and put it into a module that lives on all pages of the site?

No, userlist searching is built into the userlist display, sorry.

I'd like a search function that lives outside the CB portion of the site that will search core content AND CB users -- but not sure if that exists.

Believe a Joomla Bot exists for this, please check Joomla.org or our directory below. It would likely be basic searching however such as name, username, and maybe email.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directory

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #164064 by ellare
Replied by ellare on topic Re: search function question
I installed this:
www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directory/community-building/searching/standard-search-joomla-search

and I think that this is going to work for me!

thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn