Login Failure Redirect

12 years 11 months ago #165060 by clickmo
Login Failure Redirect was created by clickmo
I've searched through various topics that were made in regards to redirections, but nothing really gave me what I was looking for.

Using the CB Login module, whenever a user does not authenticate, they are being sent to the default Joomla "Incorrect login... please try again" page.

I've been trying to locate where this is happening without much luck. The page is pointed to /component/comprofiler/login

Since I'm using Joomla 1.6 I have not really been seeing any plugins marked to work for anything higher than 1.5 in the JED.

Can anyone shed any insight on this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #165102 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Login Failure Redirect
The page you're being sent to based off the SEF link in your post is CBs login page and not Joomlas; this is working as intended. CB will NOT send users to Joomlas login page on failed login.

If you attempt to access a Joomla page however that a user does not have access to then Joomla will send them to Joomlas login page, which to workaround would need a Joomla system plugin to intercept the access error and send to CB login instead. Am not aware of any J1.6 plugins at this time to do that however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #165127 by clickmo
Replied by clickmo on topic Re: Login Failure Redirect
Alright, that being the case, how can I make it so the redirection on a failed login only goes to a different place? Instead of the default CB Login page.

12 years 11 months ago #165303 by krileon
As far as I am aware you can't without editing the core or developing a new plugin (likely Joomla) to intercept the redirect and route to a different page. Not something CB Redirect can do as there's no failed login trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #166022 by clickmo
Replied by clickmo on topic Re: Login Failure Redirect
Is there a way in
function login( $username=null, $passwd2=null )
in the core to have the error not appear with
HTML_comprofiler::loginForm( 'com_comprofiler', $_POST, $resultError );
but instead to stay on the same page (where the compact version of mod_cblogin was used) and display an error message above the compact box?

12 years 10 months ago #166086 by krileon
I suppose you could edit the core of CB to redirect instead of displaying the login form again, but I don't advise this. At any rate do as you feel is necessary, but best approach is new Joomla system plugin to intercept the page and redirect away from it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.500 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn