[SOLVED] FB UserID typ bigint and CB Connect fails

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #165632 by Lintzy
Hi there,

user ruhrpottbobo (professional member) requested for help in german forum.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/180-cb/165460-cbconnect-105#165460

That's what he has written:

CB Facebook does work.
Installing Plugin CBConnect 1.0.5 will lead to a blank page.

His installed Joomla Version and components are:

Joomla 1.5.23
Kunena 1.6.4
CB 1.4
CB Connect 1.05
CB Facebook 1.3
CB Twitter 1.1

Using CB tools leads to the following error message:

As result he had to deactivate Facebook login, because he could not login with activated facebook login.

Next step he did: he deleted all FB relevant fields / rows in Database and installed FB completely new and checked with CB tools.

New error message:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #165649 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FB UserID typ bigint and CB Connect fails
Why did he delete the fields? CB Connect and FBC won't work without their fields. He needs to re-install and if he sees the above error just run the fix feature provided in the links within the error message. Between releases the fields were adjusted to accommodate larger strings of IDs.

Where does he get a blank page with CB Connect? Has he tested with debug mode and maximum error reporting set within Joomla global configuration? Reviewed server error log?

He should NOT being using Facebook Connect and Twitter Connect with CB Connect. If CB Connect is installed then FBC and TC should be uninstalled or they will conflict. CB Connect provides all that FBC and TC does plus more.

Professional users should post support questions directly to professional boards and not specific language boards.

Warum hat er die Felder löschen? CB Connect und FBC nicht ohne ihren Feldern zu arbeiten. Er muss neu installieren und wenn er sieht den obigen Fehler führen Sie einfach das Update-Funktion in den Beziehungen innerhalb der Fehlermeldung zur Verfügung gestellt. Zwischen den Feldern veröffentlicht wurden angepasst, um größere Saiten IDs unterzubringen.

Wo bekommt er Schließen Sie eine leere Seite mit CB? Hat er getestet mit Debug-Modus und maximal Fehlerberichterstattung innerhalb Joomla globalen Konfiguration einstellen? Bewertet Server-Fehlerprotokoll?

Er sollte nicht sein mit Facebook Connect und Twitter mit CB Connect Connect. Wenn CB Connect installiert ist dann FBC und TC sollte deinstalliert werden, oder sie werden Konflikts. CB Connect bietet alles, was FBC und TC Plus leistet mehr.

Professionelle Anwender sollten Support-Anfragen direkt Post an Fachgremien und nicht bestimmten Sprache Boards.

Übersetzung zur Verfügung gestellt von Google Translate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #165655 by Lintzy
Hi krileon,

what do you think, why I am giving away some of my lifetime :P? The english of the user is more worse than my english. So he could not explain the problem himself.

He deleted the fields and reinstalled facebook new (like I had written)

He should NOT being using Facebook Connect and Twitter Connect with CB Connect. If CB Connect is installed then FBC and TC should be uninstalled or they will conflict. CB Connect provides all that FBC and TC does plus more.

This could have caused the blank page, because he used connect and fbc together. I will tell him this. I did not install these plugins by myself, so I was stumped.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #165677 by krileon
Apologize for you having to be a relay, but the user is more then welcome to use Google Translate, which is certainly better then nothing and would be comprehensible to an extent.

At any rate; yes having both installed at same time COULD cause problems. I've not tested this as it shouldn't be done. If they want Facebook and Twitter then can use either/or. I recommend CB Connect and in that case they do not need FBC or TC as CB Connect provides both already.

Bitte entschuldigen Sie mit einem Relais, aber der Benutzer ist mehr als willkommen Google Translate, die sicherlich besser ist dann nichts und würde in einer Weise verständlich werden zu verwenden.

Jedenfalls, ja, die sowohl zur gleichen Zeit könnte zu Problemen führen installiert. Ich habe nicht getestet, da es nicht getan werden sollte. Wenn sie wollen, Facebook und Twitter dann können Sie entweder / oder. Ich empfehle CB Connect und in diesem Fall brauchen sie nicht FBC oder TC als CB Connect bietet sowohl bereits.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #165681 by Lintzy

krileon wrote: Apologize for you having to be a relay, but the user is more then welcome to use Google Translate, which is certainly better then nothing and would be comprehensible to an extent.

Would you please tell him this yourself in the german thread (you can use google translator :laugh: )

Not every user is so brave as I am, and take the risk, that other users smile about their terrible english.

Yeah and Google translator. E.g. I don't understand exactly the phrase "Apologize for you having to be a relay", that what google translator tells me, makes no sense, absolutely not :side:

12 years 10 months ago #165698 by krileon
No worries, have replied informing the user to post here. Thank you for your assistance; much appreciated.

Keine Sorge, die geantwortet haben den Benutzer zu informieren, hier posten. Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe, sehr geschätzt.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn