[SOLVED] Cannot change user email address from back end

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #166095 by daviator
Hello,
I imported a bunch of users (via CBJUICE) but need to be able to change their email addresses. When I try to change the user's email address from the back end the AJAX checker stops me with "Could not check this email: Please double-check: Needed for confirmation."

- Fields validation in Admin is set to "No"
- I flushed all cache
- Joomla 1.5.23
- CB 1.4

Thanks,
David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166097 by krileon
Backend ajax checking can not be disable. Regardless of what checking message is given you can save the email address as long as it passes PHP validation. There's also a known issue that the ajax checking takes too long.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166103 by daviator
So how do I fix this? The email address is valid.

12 years 10 months ago #166106 by krileon
There is no fix, some email address fail to respond to the validation request. This could depend on their server simply ignoring the request, marking it as spam, whatever the case. At any rate just ignore it and save the profile if you're confident it's valid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #166108 by daviator
It won't let me save is the problem.

UPDATE: Sorry, it IS letting me save. Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.457 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn