[SOLVED] Profile heading change

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #166217 by gingerweb
[SOLVED] Profile heading change was created by gingerweb
Hi.
when one member clicks on another persons profile the title is always shown as "My sitename Profile" in my site this means everyone is called "My One Golf Card Profile"
How can i get this to display as "username's Profile" please?
see image for example of this isnt clear enough

thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166218 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Profile heading change
Profile title is configured through the tab "User Profile Page Title" in Tab Management. Simply change this to whatever you like; the default is "_UE_PROFILE_TITLE_TEXT". This can display differently however if you changed the "_UE_PROFILE_TITLE_TEXT" language string.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166220 by gingerweb
Replied by gingerweb on topic Re: Profile heading change
Ok thanks i see the principle just dont know how to change it to what i want !
i want it to say on each persons profile:
"username" Profile
can you tell me what to change _UE_PROFILE_PAGE_TITLE to please to make it say this ?
thanks

12 years 10 months ago #166226 by krileon
It already does unless you changed the language string. See my profile or your profile here at Joomlapolis. Please see the below regarding the profile title strings.
DEFINE('_UE_PROFILE_PAGE_TITLE','User Profile Page Title');
DEFINE('_UE_PROFILE_TITLE_TEXT','%s Profile Page');

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166227 by gingerweb
Replied by gingerweb on topic Re: Profile heading change
i dont believe i have changed anything but can you tell me where the file will be and i assume what you have written above is the default ?
thanks

12 years 10 months ago #166259 by krileon
Please see the below location for the language strings in question.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php
ON: Lines 710-711
DEFINE('_UE_PROFILE_PAGE_TITLE','User Profile Page Title');
DEFINE('_UE_PROFILE_TITLE_TEXT','%s Profile Page');

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn