CB Subs URL Integration Usage

12 years 10 months ago #166243 by timsimon
CB Subs URL Integration Usage was created by timsimon
In CB Subs I have set up Plan with both SQL and URL Integrations.
The SQL works ok but I cannot get the URL integration to work.

Firstly, should both work independantly at the same time, or are they in some way exclusive to each other?

The script was written for me and when I execute the URL from the browser everything works as expected.

However, I'm not exactly sure how it should be set up in the URL integration sub-tab and I cannot find any information or guidance on this in the manual or elsewhere.

I have inserted the path (same as the URL which executes OK in the browser). It is a test site and the path is in the form:

www.mysite.co.uk/test_site/components/com_mycomp/myscript.php

As my technical knowledge is limited, I didn't really know what to enter for the Method (GET/POST/XML) and the Post and Results boxes. I have tried all three, with nothing in the Post entry box, and both enable and disable for the Results dropdown. But nothing worked.

Please advise.

I'm using Joomla 1.5.23 with CB 1.4 and CB Subs 1.1.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166381 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Subs URL Integration Usage
What is your script supposed to do? All CBSubs does is perform a CURL request (using our snoopy library) on the URL you've provided. Beyond this it does nothing more (it displays nothing, etc..). Depending on what the script does and your needs you should select the method most appropriate; typically this is GET.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #166456 by timsimon
Replied by timsimon on topic Re: CB Subs URL Integration Usage
Hi Kyle
Thanks for your response. I presume that there is no mutual exclusivity of SQL and URL integrations, and that both should work.

The (attached) script picks up a percentage from a settings file and calculates that percentage of the plan subscription and then creates an account posting of the calculated amount and associated information.

I have set the method as a GET and just tried it again. The SQL integration works as expected but the URL doesn't execute the script.
Any ideas?
Attachments:

12 years 10 months ago #166599 by krileon

Thanks for your response. I presume that there is no mutual exclusivity of SQL and URL integrations, and that both should work.

Right, both are their own integrations and should both function fine individually.

I have set the method as a GET and just tried it again. The SQL integration works as expected but the URL doesn't execute the script.
Any ideas?

You can't use Joomla or CB API in your script as far as I am aware and should use strictly PHP commands as it's external from CB and Joomla. You're executing a file through a CURL request; it's not actually included so it has no access to your installs data.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166783 by timsimon
Replied by timsimon on topic Re: CB Subs URL Integration Usage
Ok, could you please give me some ideas as to how I can achieve the objective.
Many thanks

12 years 10 months ago #166861 by krileon
You need to use raw PHP functions and not Joomla or CB API. Probably easiest approach is to include the configuration.php so you can establish a database connection. You may want to check Joomla.org for a way to include Joomla API outside of Joomla, which might allow you to actually utilize its API instead of having to use raw PHP functions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn