List management

12 years 10 months ago #166414 by frankgill
List management was created by frankgill
Hi
I have at present 50 registered users and myself as a publisher to a web page I am designing. I have created, based on there number of publication and these seem to be working, i.e. bronze contributors who have published more than 10 articles, silver and up to platinum - again sorted by publisher user group and number of articles published. However, there are two issues I just can not get sorted

1. I want to create a group called "principle associates". This is a group of registered users who are helping out in other ways with the web page development. They may or may not publish and it is intended that this be a once off category/group. After this if a member of this group publish articles then they will be categorised into bronze etc, however, also wanting to leave them in this onceoff of group.

2. In CB, can I, and if I can, how do I automate the process of moving a registered user to a author, editor, publisher rights? Do they have to individually email the administrator to request a change in their user status.
Cheers
Frankgill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166602 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: List management

1. I want to create a group called "principle associates". This is a group of registered users who are helping out in other ways with the web page development. They may or may not publish and it is intended that this be a once off category/group. After this if a member of this group publish articles then they will be categorised into bronze etc, however, also wanting to leave them in this onceoff of group.

Don't understand, is this a question or issue of some sort? Could you please clarify further what you're wanting? CB has no access controls beyond standard Joomla usergroups. CBSubs provides various access controls based off subscriptions.

2. In CB, can I, and if I can, how do I automate the process of moving a registered
user to a author, editor, publisher rights? Do they have to individually email the administrator to request a change in their user status.

We've no automated process for assigning usergroups in backend unless using CBSubs and changing usergroups through subscriptions. You'd need to edit the user directly from CB user management and change their usergroup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166603 by frankgill
Replied by frankgill on topic Re: List management
Thanks for that - I will get back to you with a clearer question on this, however, I think the only solution might be to create a link in the subgroup html text box to an article with the list principle associates and in the back end leave them as publishers.

However, on the user profile i see 'rating" with a number of stars after. How does this rating change? Is it based on forum contributions? Can it be linked into the number of articles a user contributes? I am setting up an e-library to which users can contribute articles. Based on the number of articles a member submits they will be categorized into bronze, silver etc.. members. I have got this to work ok when I go to list of registered users and select members from the various subgroups.

The question is can i use the rating stars to indicate their membership type (based on number of submissions) and if not can I create a similar type rating in their profile that is based on article submissions?

Hope the question is not too long!!
Cheers
frankgill

12 years 10 months ago #166729 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: List management

However, on the user profile i see 'rating" with a number of stars after. How does this rating change? Is it based on forum contributions? Can it be linked into the number of articles a user contributes? I am setting up an e-library to which users can contribute articles. Based on the number of articles a member submits they will be categorized into bronze, silver etc.. members. I have got this to work ok when I go to list of registered users and select members from the various subgroups.

You're probably seeing the rating field tied to ProfileBook, it allows users to rate the user when making a post to their Guestbook; it does nothing more then that.

The question is can i use the rating stars to indicate their membership type (based on number of submissions) and if not can I create a similar type rating in their profile that is based on article submissions?

No, CB can't manipulate Joomla in any way. For that you'll need CBSubs to give users different permissions based off subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds