Enable Connections = Yes
Display Type = Public
Display Connection Path = Yes
Mutual Consent = Yes
Notification Method = PMS+Email

URL: airmuseumnetwork.org
Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.4

I also have to add that making a Connections is a HUGE part of "community building". I would think that you'd have more details in your docs about this feature. The following is all there really is and it's not very helpful at all.

"In order to initiate a connection, the user wishing to establish a connection must
first visit the profile of the user he wants to connect to. ... When you have
the users‟ profile you want to connect to in your browser you will see the Add Connection link. By clicking on this link the invitation process is initiated. If the Notification Method is set to PMS or Email you will be presented with a pop-up window allowing you to personalize the invitation request."

Ok, where am I supposed to see this link? Can it be moved? can I modify it?

I've paid for professional support but am really getting tired of things not working as advertised or being told that "it will be fixed in the next version". I paid for a WORKING version and not to be a beta tester.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166562 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Add Connections link not showing

daviator wrote: Enable Connections = Yes
Display Type = Public
Display Connection Path = Yes
Mutual Consent = Yes
Notification Method = PMS+Email

URL: airmuseumnetwork.org
Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.4

I also have to add that making a Connections is a HUGE part of "community building". I would think that you'd have more details in your docs about this feature. The following is all there really is and it's not very helpful at all.

"In order to initiate a connection, the user wishing to establish a connection must
first visit the profile of the user he wants to connect to. ... When you have
the users‟ profile you want to connect to in your browser you will see the Add Connection link. By clicking on this link the invitation process is initiated. If the Notification Method is set to PMS or Email you will be presented with a pop-up window allowing you to personalize the invitation request."

Ok, where am I supposed to see this link? Can it be moved? can I modify it?

Have you published the CB Connections plugin in CB Plugin Manager area?
Have you published the Connections Tab in the CB Tab Manager area?

If so you should be able to see the Connections menu and the Add Connections link as the documentation states. Of course you will only see this if you visit someones (not your own) profile. If you do not see it then something else is wrong. If needed PM me backend access and I will take a look to see what is wrong.

I've paid for professional support but am really getting tired of things not working as advertised or being told that "it will be fixed in the next version". I paid for a WORKING version and not to be a beta tester.

This is a core feature and it has been working just fine on millions of websites. So this comment is most likely meant for other thread.

12 years 10 months ago #166571 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Add Connections link not showing
Got your PM - thanks.

Had time to visit your site (Saturday evening here) and saw that you have unpublished the CB Menu plugin.

Wondering why you did this?

If it was mentioned in our documentation, then its wrong.
You need to have the CB Menu published.

You can also use the CB Content module if you do not like the CB Menu layout.

12 years 10 months ago #166580 by daviator
Replied by daviator on topic Re: Add Connections link not showing
I unpublished it as it's really ugly and the fact that it's not editable is very restrictive. I want to be able to add/remove items to it.

12 years 10 months ago #166725 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Add Connections link not showing
The CB Menu has no GUI to edit the links or add new ones. This is done using API in CB plugins. In theory a plugin could be developed to allow adding new links I suppose, but none has been provided as of yet. You're welcome to review plugins such as CB Connect as it adds links as well as CB Blogs and CB Invites also add links. You could create a new drop-down menu using CSS and HTML in a delimiter field to create a CSS driven drop-down menu; please see Admin Nav module for example of CSS driven drop-down.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn