GroupJive Auto Join not showing at registartion

12 years 10 months ago #166558 by thomasmes
I've J1.5.23, CB 1.4 and GJ 2.3 and installed the gj_autojoin plugin, but the autojoin Category/Group dropdown doesn't show up on the registration form. The plugin and the field are set to "published". The field is set to "show at registration". Access of the plugin is set to "public". Please help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166561 by thomasmes
Ok, I found out what the problem was: the CB GroupJive plugin was set to "registered". Changing this to "Public" solved the problem of the AutoJoin not showing up at registration, but a new problem arrised: the list remains empty, not matter what I change in the backend. See attached picture. Any idea?
Attachments:

12 years 10 months ago #166588 by krileon
The auto join won't show anything unless you have actual groups already existing. What it does is allow users to select an existing GJ group to join at time of registration. Please create groups from frontend or backend within a published and public category. The groups must also be public and published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166601 by thomasmes
Thanks. I changed all the categories and groups to "everybody" (instead of "registered" and "public frontend") and worked. Does this mean that any visitor can access the categories and groups now, even when the direct links (and the panel) have access level "registered"?

12 years 10 months ago #166727 by krileon

Does this mean that any visitor can access the categories and groups now, even when the direct links (and the panel) have access level "registered"?

Yes, the auto field respects group and category permissions. If the user can't see the group or category without registering then there's a good chance they can't auto join it at registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn