[SOLVED] Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigne

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #166702 by j_stark
Hi guys,

Im pretty new in joomla and I want your cool stuff on my website:) but I keep getting alot of these errors?:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\bla\bla\bla ect.

I´ve made an clean installation of both joomla and CB 1.4, and it is going wrong already from start of installing CB..

What I am missing? ps. I am using localhost and xaamp

Regards
Johnny

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166715 by j_stark
I could really use some advise.. Can´t seem to find a solution!!

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #166723 by krileon
Your XAMPP is configured to run PHP 5.3 in strict standards mode. CB is strict standards compliant, but Joomla is not. You need to configure PHP.ini to NOT display strict standards warnings. Please navigate to the below.

xampp/php/php.ini

Once there find and change the below.

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_STRICT

This will hide strict standards errors. The default settings in XAMPP is to display everything.

j_stark wrote: I could really use some advise.. Can´t seem to find a solution!!

For future reference please be patient. You posted only 2 hours ago, we've over 300,000 users registered here and several of them being subscribers with a good amount of them posting support questions. We'll answer posts generally within 1 business day, but usually within a couple of hours excluding weekends when I am not here, thank you for your understanding.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166728 by j_stark
Hi,

thanks for the answer:) sorry if I seemed a little impatient..

Actually i found a simple way to the solution.. Go to Site - global configuration- server - and set error reporting to simple (does not work if set to NONE)??

But thats doing the trick :)

But thanks anyway

12 years 10 months ago #166752 by krileon

Actually i found a simple way to the solution.. Go to Site - global configuration- server - and set error reporting to simple (does not work if set to NONE)??

Don't recommend this. When using localhost to test and build your site you want to see errors so you can see if there's a problem. A lot of people have the bad habit of suppressing errors, but that doesn't mean the errors go away.. you just can't see them.

At any rate glad your issue could be solved!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn