How do you alter the community tab?

12 years 10 months ago #166909 by SEO89
After successful login, the community tab goes to your site and I need it to go to a different url (component/comprofiler/pluginclass?plugin=cbgroupjive).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166992 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How do you alter the community tab?
Community tab? What is the community tab? Please be more specific as to what you're wanting to change.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #167032 by SEO89
Replied by SEO89 on topic Re: How do you alter the community tab?
After login or at any point you get to "view your profile". There is a tab called "Community", then "About community builder". This routes to your site. I would like to change the label to say "About GS Community". i know how to route it to another site. i just need to know how to change the label name.

I'm not aware of any other tab that say that except this one.

12 years 10 months ago #167081 by krileon
That is the license menu link required to be kept if not a subscriber. Being a subscriber you can remove this link or replace it. Please review your documentation on or around page 89 for details on removing/changing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #167493 by SEO89
Replied by SEO89 on topic Re: How do you alter the community tab?
I didn't find an answer on or around page 89. I found how to change the url it points to. That helps but doesn't answer my question. How do I remove the community builder tab itself? Or, at least how to edit the tab to say something else except "community builder"? Obviously, if I'm on the professional forum, then I have the suggested rights you mentioned to remove it. Not sure why you would mention the licensing....that's why I paid for the professional to begin with.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #167540 by krileon
Licensing and documentation were mentioned because anyone can read these boards. I can't just tell you across the boards how to remove it. How to remove it is on the exact page I've provided, please review carefully.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.695 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn