Email Confirmation Issues

12 years 10 months ago #167413 by AngelaMorales
Email Confirmation Issues was created by AngelaMorales
I've been having multiple users reporting problems with their email confirmation after registering for an account on my site. The errors are generally one of the following:

1) Users do not receive confirmation email at all (including spam boxes)

2) Users receive confirmation email with no link (ie. "Please click on the link below to confirm your account: " with no link displayed at all)

3) Users receive confirmation email with incorrect link (ie. "Please click on the link below to confirm your account: jobs.conceptart.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&confirmcode= " - no confirmation code)

I've signed up through the frontend with several dummy accounts and have never experienced any of these problems. However, I've been receiving support emails almost daily since our launch, listing one of these three problems. I can't disable email confirmation, because we already have a huge spam problem.

Please help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #167470 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Email Confirmation Issues

1) Users do not receive confirmation email at all (including spam boxes)

There's no reason for an email to work for some and not others unless your mail server, the receiving mail server, or the email address it self are problematic. All emails use the same API and same functions for every user.

2) Users receive confirmation email with no link (ie. "Please click on the link below to confirm your account: " with no link displayed at all)

3) Users receive confirmation email with incorrect link (ie. "Please click on the link below to confirm your account: jobs.conceptart.org/index.php?option=com...irm&confirmcode= " - no confirmation code)

Only thing I can think of causing this is a fatal PHP error silenced with error reporting and debug mode being disabled during the registration process. Please run some tests with both settings configured in Joomla global configuration. In addition to this please ensure you're using the [CONFIRM] tag in the Pending email as it works no where else.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #167482 by AngelaMorales
Replied by AngelaMorales on topic Re: Email Confirmation Issues
I turned on my debug, and went through the registration process on the frontend. No errors, and I received the confirmation email with a working confirmation link. I can't figure out how the frontend registration has always worked for me, but I'm receiving so many user errors. Would it have anything to do with browser compatibility issues? I don't understand how it can work for me and not for others.

Thank you for your help, btw.

12 years 10 months ago #167537 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Email Confirmation Issues
Browser should have nothing to do with the emails as they're PHP server side and not client side. I suppose if registration failed all together due to the jQuery validation that would be a reason, but in that case they wouldn't be registered at all. You'll need to check with your host for them to review their mail servers to see if the email address of the user was ever reached or even attempted to be reached.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn