[#2599] ppal business name display for multiple shop

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167557 by Thelowlandpiper
My paypal account has several 'shops' under one business account; the return URL and notify work fine but the display at Paypal shows the business and name of the account as registered at paypal, not the name of the 'shop'; the same goes for the 'returning you to' and cancel and return to' messages; how do I configure my 'shop' payment gateway so that the correct name is shown?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #167564 by krileon
At most you can specify a custom payment page style or logo by editing the paypal payment gateway within CBSubs under the parameters "Paypal specific settings". Beyond that you can't specify through API that I am aware anything else. The payment page is typically defined and configured within your paypal account and not from the integrator.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #167573 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Re: paypal business name display for multiple shop acc
I've pursued this through the x.com paypal developers' site and found the following:
" However, if you are wanting the name to be different for different sites, then you would want to pass over a different name in your button code. This can be done by using the variable "cbt". So for example if I put a button on my site where I wanted the name to be displayed as "Chad's Test Store", I would pass over the "cbt" variable with my store name set as the value. If I was using a non hosted/clear text button the code would look like:

<input type="hidden" name="cbt" value="Chad's Test Store">

This was in order to change the text displayed on the 'return too' link; It's not clear whether it would also affect the business name ...

12 years 10 months ago #167580 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Re: paypal business name display for multiple shop acc
Is this a solution and if so can it be implemented? My client wants to use this to get round the paypal 'one paypal account per bank account' rule

12 years 10 months ago #167593 by nant

Thelowlandpiper wrote: Is this a solution and if so can it be implemented? My client wants to use this to get round the paypal 'one paypal account per bank account' rule

Discussed internally and created a feature ticket #2599

Not sure when it will be implemented ...

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167605 by Thelowlandpiper
thanks - I notice also that a variable can be sent containing the name of a predefined [at the paypal account] page display; this would solve the rest of the problem, although this only applies to the new Paypal display
woops sorry, fo course this is already available

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn