Conditional Not Hiding/Showing Fields During Reg

12 years 10 months ago #167728 by emcee
Okay, so I downloaded and installed CB Conditional. Started with version 1.1.1, and today installed over top the newest, 1.1.2.

From the beginning (both versions), I could see the tabs during the registration process. So I knew the plugin was installed.

In the Profile, after logging in, I'm able to hide and show a text field based on whether another text field is empty or not.

But I'm unable to make that same text field hide and show dynamically during registration. It shows during registration, but nothing I enter in the text area will make it hide, and then show; or conversely, to have it start hidden, and then have it show.

I also tried the other types of field, including selection boxes, but none of them seem to be conditionally affecting the registration fields. Also tried the Required/Non-required switch, but it won't dynamically update during registration either.

The conditions for the two dependent text fields:

1) The Trigger Field:

Type: Text Field

Pre-filled default value at registration: [empty]
Required?: No
Show on Profile?: Yes: on 1 Line
Display field title in Profile?: Yes
Searchable in users-lists?: No
User Read Only?: No
Show at Registration?: Yes
Published: Yes

CB Conditional: Field Condition preferences

Display: Field conditional others
If...
Field: Empty
Then...
Hide: [the field being triggered]

2) The Field Being Triggered:

Type: Text Field

Pre-filled default value at registration: [empty]
Required?: No
Show on Profile?: Yes: on 1 Line
Display field title in Profile?: Yes
Searchable in users-lists?: No
User Read Only?: No
Show at Registration?: Yes
Published: Yes

Let me know if any other information is needed... Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #167773 by krileon
Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look. It's possible something is conflicting with the jQuery or something not working quite right. Couldn't duplicate locally.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #169246 by krileon
Have reviewed your installation. The reason CB Conditionals is acting up is you've fatal JS errors present during registration. It was deteremined your template "Comenian1.6 - Default" is conflicting with CB and CB Conditionals JS. Switching to "Atomic - Default" resolved the issue entirely. This is likely due to the template also loading jQuery, but doing so in a non-noConflict manner. Please contact the template developer for further support.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn