Automatic emails for CBsubs

12 years 10 months ago #167894 by sozoweb
Automatic emails for CBsubs was created by sozoweb
Hi there,
I'd like automated emails to be sent to administrators whenever a user elects to pay for a CBsubs subscription offline (and payment is therefore "not initiated" or "pending"), or successfully pays by Paypal.
I've tried setting it in the Presentation tab for the plans, and in the Integrations > Email tab; neither does anything.

I'd also like to send automated emails 30 days prior to expiry, but can't see a way of doing that.

Joomla 1.5.22
CB 1.4
CBsubs 1.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167957 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Automatic emails for CBsubs

Hi there,
I'd like automated emails to be sent to administrators whenever a user elects to pay for a CBsubs subscription offline (and payment is therefore "not initiated" or "pending"), or successfully pays by Paypal.
I've tried setting it in the Presentation tab for the plans, and in the Integrations > Email tab; neither does anything.

You'll need to edit your plan and on the Presentation tab specify the details for the Pending email. Please ensure using CB 1.2 as this feature was introduced with 1.2. Beyond this there is no way to spend pending state emails.

New Subscriptions:
CBSubs > Plans > PLAN > Presentation > Email workflow texts > Email on pending first payment

Renewals:
CBSubs > Plans > PLAN > Presentation > Email workflow texts > Email on pending payment of manual renewal

I'd also like to send automated emails 30 days prior to expiry, but can't see a way of doing that.

CBSubs currently has no feature to do this. We're working to implement API to allow for delayed emails or emails in advance.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #167958 by sozoweb
Replied by sozoweb on topic Re: Automatic emails for CBsubs
Thanks. I have them set up as you suggest but for whatever reason they just don't seem to work... :(

12 years 10 months ago #167976 by krileon
When a user goes to make an Offline Payment and clicks the confirmation link which displays the payment slip is when the pending emails should trigger. Please provide the steps you're taking to test.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #168193 by sozoweb
Replied by sozoweb on topic Re: Automatic emails for CBsubs
  • Register new account (or upgrade existing account) via front-end, choosing the "Student/Concession Membership" plan, for which I've set auto-emails in the Presentation tab in CBSubs Plans
  • Plan details and invoicing address comes up. Click the "Pay Offline" button
  • Plan details and payment instructions come up. Click the payment slip link "Click here to confirm that you are paying off-line and to display the Payment slip to print"
  • Confirm box comes up - "This will lock this transaction for offline payment... etc" - click OK
  • Returned to the same screen as before (plan details and payment instructions, with link to confirm/print)
  • Payment listed as Pending in CBSubs Baskets, but no email received

12 years 10 months ago #168312 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue and pending emails are currently not functioning for Offline Payments. We're investigating this issue further an apologize for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn