[SOLVED] Password fields at profile update required

12 years 10 months ago #168650 by krileon
There's not much more I can advise. I honestly do not see the purpose of this though. CB already does the synchronization that you are doing internally when a user saves their profile. If they change their password then it stores it to Joomlas table (no passwords are stored in CBs tables). What exactly is the need for doing this? You'll likely corrupt your tables or ruin your users ability to login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #168804 by vipzeus
Syntax is used for another site database update. As i told, i have many sites with one registration where cb is installed. This is called Main Site. Children sites redirect registration or password reminder at Main Site cbregistration form.

The problem is if somebody need to update profile for other things, and if password fields are empty, my query send empty data at the other sites, so the login its not possible anymore at the other sites, only at the Main Site.

Is it something in my query who i can do, when empty fields presents dont send?

12 years 9 months ago #168826 by krileon
There's a couple different methods you could try. All involve checking against the password substitution. You'll simply need to trial and error until you have what you need. Below is another example of checking the password substitution.
AND LENGTH( '[password]' ) > 0

Below you'll find MYSQL documentation regarding SQL functions and their usages.

dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/index.html

Below you'll find MYSQL tutorial regarding beginning usage of SQL functions.

www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #169176 by vipzeus
i try to add AND LENGTH( '[password]' ) > 0 in my query but something i missing. Each time my query does not work for all fields when i add AND function. I need more help to resolve this problem. Thank you

12 years 9 months ago #169259 by krileon
You need to test your queries thoroughly. I've no idea why your query is failing, but the first revision provided earlier should've worked just fine. Please ensure all tests are done with debug mode and maximum error reporting enabled so if there is a query error you'll see it. Please review my previous post for documentation and MYSQL usage; there's not much more I can do for you, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn