[SOLVED] Separate login for different membership Plans

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #168124 by mike5151
PHP 5.2.14
CB 1.4
CB Subs 1.2
Joomla 1.5.23

Hi

Childrens' and Teachers' membership site.

Protecting the children is paramount and so we would like to enable a pre-registration login for the teachers - the client will be going from school to school and therefore will be able to give a specific login to the site for the teaching staff at that school.

The question then arises to see if I can separate the membership registration for the teachers from that of the pupils/parents?

I wondered if there was a way to do that by using suffixes on the login module but from everything I've read this seems to only enable me to address styling issues.

As ever, grateful for your input.

Regards

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #168145 by krileon
I suppose you could have 2 different Joomla menu links where you've specified modules (2 different login modules) and simply provide 1 URL for teachers and 1 url for students. Am not sure exactly what you're wanting to do. There's only frontend and backend logins, nothing more.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #168149 by mike5151
Sorry I wasn't clear.

1. Access to the Child/Parent plans is 'open' - in as far as anyone can apply for membership as long as they choose a school and age group from the registration form and their parent's email is confirmed.
2. However, to try to stop just anybody becoming a 'teacher' member, the idea is that you can only access the teacher registration by logging onto a 'registered' page. The login for that page is only issued a school at a time.
3. The issue is how do I separate the membership plans such that the 'Child/parent' plan is open to all but the 'teacher' plan is only available on the 'registered' page? I can't see how I can specify which plan appears on which page as the CB Login module has no parameter to choose between the plans.

regards

12 years 10 months ago #168151 by krileon
I see, so you're wanting the teacher plan to show on its own registration page? If understanding correctly this is very doable. Simply edit your teacher plan and on the Workflows tab set "Propose spontaneously plan at registration:" to "No: hide this plan from registration and from access proposals, unless specifically included in URL". To hide it from upgrade you could then set "Allow upgrade to this:" to "No". Once done simply supply the "Url of plan to display only this plan ('-' to display multiple plans):" found at the top while editing the plan to the schools/teachers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #168152 by mike5151
That is exactly the problem and your solution is elegant, thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 3.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn