Folder Protection

12 years 10 months ago #168263 by KevinBaehr
Folder Protection was created by KevinBaehr
Hello,

i am quite new to Joomla and there fore to CB (Subs).

CB is working good so far but the folder access protection does not work.

I followed the provided manual (450+) step by step and got stuck at the point for folder protection.

IonCube is enabled, PHP 5.3 is active, the server is an Apache, htaccess implementations do work,
CBSubs-FolderAccess claims the targeted folder is valid and writable.

But it does not create any files.

Nor does it show any kind of protection.

I would love to hear from you as this is driving my crazy.

Thanks alot

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #168303 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Folder Protection
The protection only takes place once at least 1 user has subscribed or a subscribed user logins in. It does not instantly begin protecting the directory. Please try either or and confirm if the htaccess file is creating or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #168316 by KevinBaehr
Replied by KevinBaehr on topic Re: Folder Protection
Thank you for your help.

But it does not do anything.

I have enabled:

Allow Users with no subscr.
Disabled Lifetime for free.
Created a 0 Euro Plan for 9 Months providing access to folder "jwplayer".
Registered as a new User and applied for the free Plan.
But nothing happens

12 years 10 months ago #168328 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Folder Protection
Please ensure the user is subscribed to the plan. Once done log the user into frontend with debug mode enabled and maximum error reporting set from Joomla global configuration. If not working appropriately you should see a fatal error upon login.

It appears the backend access checking is not entirely accurate. It will check that the path is working, but it'll also check for paths the integration does not support. Example as follows.

Writable:
/images
images/

Valid:
/images

Invalid:
images/

Please also ensure if protecting a directory under Joomlas root you need to ensure type is set to "Joomla". For example if type is set to "Joomla" and my directory is www.example.com/site/cb/ and I want to protect the "images" folder all I need to specify is "/images".

Confirmed integration working fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds