[SOLVED] nesting drop down registration fields

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #168286 by mike5151
I am creating a site where subscribers are required to choose the school they attend when registering. Is it possible to nest drop down menus so they get an initial drop down menu to choose the county their school is in and when they have done that, the appropriate second drop down menu appears giving them the choice of schools in that county, for them to choose from? Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #168299 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: nesting drop down registration fields
Yes, using incubator project CB Conditional you can conditionally display fields based off another fields value. You'd create multiple drop-downs (1 for each school) then display the most appropriate one based off the county drop-down field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #168300 by mike5151
Replied by mike5151 on topic Re: nesting drop down registration fields
Thank you Kyle - I'll give that a go.

12 years 10 months ago #168308 by mike5151
Kyle

Your server is not responding at present - I am receiving this message

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /projects/cb-cbconditional/files.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Figured you would want to know!

Regards

Mike

12 years 10 months ago #168315 by beat
Thanks for reporting. Please try now again.
We restarted our forge server exactly at the time you posted here, so it was offline for around 3-4 minutes...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 10 months ago #168317 by mike5151
Thanks Beat - awful how impatient we've all become - or is it just me?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn