[SOLVED] nesting drop down registration fields

12 years 10 months ago #168321 by mike5151
Replied by mike5151 on topic Re: nesting drop down registration fields
Logic processor in my brain is going into meltdown - can you check this logic please.

1. I create a drop-down field for 'School County' that notionally has 'Surrey' and 'Sussex' as the two drop-down values. So that if 'Surrey' is selected then a further drop-down field appears containing all the Surrey Schools.

2. I create two conditional drop-down fields that contain the list of schools in the two counties so that if 'Surrey' us selected in the first field then the 'SurreySchools drop-down list is presented.

Within the 'Surrey Schools' field I set the field condition preferences as follows:

Display: 'Field conditional others'
Operator: 'Equal to'
Value: 'Surrey'
Show: 'Surrey Schools'
Hide: -selectfields-
Required: 'Surrey Schools'
Non-required: -select fields-

This shows the 'School County' field but when I choose 'Surrey' the 'Surrey Schools' drop down field doesn't appear.

Clearly, I have a setting wrong here somewhere - input welcome.

Regards

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #168335 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: nesting drop down registration fields
Your conditions should be as follows.

School County
NONE (don't condition from this field)

Surrey Schools
Display: 'Field conditional self'
Field: 'School County'
Value: 'Surrey'
Mode: 'Show'

Sussex Schools
Display: 'Field conditional self'
Field: 'School County'
Value: 'Sussex'
Mode: 'Show'

With the above you should have the display you're wanting. To explain the above what you're doing is having your school drop-downs conditionally display themselves based off the county drop-down value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #168343 by mike5151
Excellent - that's exactly right - you and your team make us all look very clever.

12 years 10 months ago #168349 by nant

mike5151 wrote: Excellent - that's exactly right - you and your team make us all look very clever.

This would be a great testimonial!

12 years 10 months ago #168355 by mike5151
Delighted for you to use it Nick.

We are on a steep learning curve with CB and the help we have received from the team - Rapunzel, Kyle and Beat is excellent.

Kind regards

Mike

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.773 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn