[#2665] CBsubs 1.2.1 | auto lifetime plan is not invisible

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170351 by pepperstreet
Hello,
I setup 2 seperate plans. Plan A is for ALL REGISTERED users on the site. The purpose of Plan A is to differentiate between guests and registered profile viewers. Plan B is optional for a special usergroup with a special CB-field.

I guess, I have tried all backend parameters in the the Plan A options to make it invisible. It is the Default-Plan for Lifetime, and should be hidden for everyone.

- As far as I can see, it still displays in the CBsubs Module, besides the optional Plan B. I know, there is a module param for hiding ALL current subscriptions, but I think that the plan's backend parameters should be respected as well... because invisible is invisible, right.

- If I click in this module on the Plan B, i am directed to the available subscriptions... and even here I can see the default Plan A, and also a Cancel button ?

Is it a bug?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #170355 by pepperstreet
Further tests with all access and workflow parameters did not solve the task. The parameters and the help implies that i am able to set a plan as "not shown at registration..." and "selected as default". But as soon as the plan is hidden, there is no subscription created?!?

I think, this is a very important and common setup (at least one needs silent plan assignments).

Any clues?

12 years 9 months ago #170423 by krileon
CBSubs has no hidden plan assignment. The best approach is to set the plan as Default and allow it to display on registration. Then hide the plan using CSS. I've added a feature request however to allow hidden plan assignment or by overriding the system assigned free lifetime plan with one created in CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #170430 by pepperstreet
Oh, not possible. Thats a surprise. The access/workflow parameters are misleading in my humble opinion. Thanks for pointing me to a CSS workaround... fortunately you have a very good ID and CLASS usage... every single plan seems to be adressable!

Thanks for adding it to the feature request!
(its really needed in my humble opinion)

12 years 9 months ago #170442 by krileon

Thanks for adding it to the feature request!
(its really needed in my humble opinion)

Agreed, currently CBSubs assigns free lifetime users without a plan to a hidden free lifetime plan. Would be beneficial to assign them to a plan create in CBSubs instead. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's feature requests and suggestions like these that can only further CBSubs capability; your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170454 by pepperstreet
No problem, i wish I had checked this setup earlier in detail... I am already at the end of my decision timeframe for a CBsubs usage... I already tested CBsubs in general, as much as my sparetime allowed it... and I thought that this is a typical setup... I did not recognize this "build-in hidden" CBsubs plan thingy.

I know, you will hate this question ;-)
Do you have a loose timeframe for a fix/change?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn